Notícias | - 4:06 pm
Even in todays social networks, which facilitates the interaction between people, finding true friends can be quite a challenge. However, we can get valuable advice on friendships from the book of Proverbs in the Bible. Check out five proverbs that can help you:
1) “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” (Proverbs 17:17)
A good friend values the friendship in both good and bad times. Even during difficult times, they are there to offer support.
2) “A perverse man sows strife, and a whisperer separates the best of friends.” (Proverbs 16:28)
Words are dangerous; a single rumor can separate friends, throwing one against the other. A gossiper does not build good friendships.
3) “Ointment and perfume the heart, and the sweetness of a man’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel” (Proverbs 27:9)
Often times, all that a person needs is to receive good advice, have a good conversation with a friend who wants the best for them.
4) “He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed” (Proverbs 13:20)
Learning is an essential part of our social life; it is an exchange between people. If bad friends surround a person, their chances of learning bad behavior from these friends and engaging in it become greater.
5) “He who covers a transgression seeks love, but he who repeats a matter repeats a matter separates friends.” (Proverbs 17:9)
A good friend does not keep grudges; on the contrary, they forgive and give the person another chance. They do not keep bringing up the past or judging others because of their mistakes.
Did you like this five proverbs? Share your comments.